Friday, July 29, 2011

Quilting Baby Shower

My friend Amy K email me last week with this really cool idea......
A baby shower where everybody brings a piece of old clothing with the color pink( yes the Mom to be Brittney is having a girl). The during the shower they cut out quilt blocks. I had some extra fabrics in pinks(why wouldn't I after 2 grand girls and another on the way) that I took in case some one wanted to mix fabric. Well all these wonderful ladies brought their clothes, some skilled and not so skilled at crafty things and made blocks, solid , 4 patch and 9 patch pinned them together and pinned them to the backing material. I won't have too much to fill in and some other girls who couldn't make it the night of the shower will be getting their blocks to Amy and eventually to me so I can work on putting this quilt of friendship and love together. It's late so I will add a picture tomorrow.....
Last thoughts:
1. Baby is due in December so I have plenty of time!
2.Isn't that what all quilters say....
3. I borrowed this from a quilt buddy...Live long enough to be a problem to your kids!

1 comment: